Emperor Norton's Ministry Of Information

I, Norton I, Emperor of These United States, call on my subjects to stand up!

Name:
Location: San Francisco, California, United States

Friday, September 15, 2006

A Gift

Citizens! It is with great regret that I must tell you that I cannot attend today's protest. Yesterday as I walked the streets of our Fine City, I confirmed what I have recently suspected. I am being watched. For several days I have had the feeling of extra eyes upon me. Last night, I clearly saw a man with a brown hat follow me for several blocks. I quickly ducked down Moss Street and then looped back on Cleveland and lost him. I feel it is not safe at the moment to show my face in the daytime.

But do not despair! As promised, I have left for you, my loyal subjects, tokens of my affection. They have been placed to elude my tracker, but you must hurry and get there before he finds them.

Three locations contain gifts for you. All are adhered to the inside top of SF Weekly newspaper stands. Each location contains several packages. Take only one and leave the rest for others. They are located at:

1. 5th and Jessie by the hotel.

2. Golden Gate between Hyde and Leavenworth in front of the YMCA.

3. McAllister and Van Ness next to the blue awning.


My sincerest apologies that I cannot attend today's meeting. Represent us well. When it is safe again, I shall show my face.

Norton I

20 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A gift, and so it would seem a clue.

11:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

how do we know your adversary won't come by and booby-trap them?

11:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It seems the I was beten to the location at Golden Gate between Hyde and Leavenworth in front of the YMCA.

12:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

found them at the other two locations, but not at Hyde and Leavenworth

12:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We have two thirds of the message. Dose any one have the part from Golden Gate?

-m

12:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

From McAllister & Van Ness:

"to point dry Gate secrets rocky"

A reference to Fort Point?

-wf

1:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you for your gifts my leige. I will attempt to do your cryptic bidding as best I can.

Give my love to your dogs.

-jk

2:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm.. It appears that no one of us got all three pieces...

We should share, lest it all go to waste.

3:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

part 2:

climb
highest
the
golden
holds
the

--f

4:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What were the gifts? Will those who managed to get one (or more) please post a proper description?

7:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

arr dam my dyslexia. Leavenworth in front of the YMCA not Larken! I went back and found the spot but the oppision had been there leaving this note!
"""
We are deeply disappointed that you have chosen to continue down this avenue. The person claming to be Norten I, aka ricebaron, aka Emperor Norton should be avoided. Refrain from interaction with this person and discoutinue pursuit of more information. For your protection and safty, we have confiscated the documents previously stored at the location.

With the sincerest of regards,

The Council for American Liberties
thecouncilforamericanliberties@gmail.com
"""

-m

10:12 PM  
Blogger MattyMatt said...

Okay, so without part one retrieved yet, it's:
____ climb to
____ highest point
____ the dry
____ golden gate
____ holds secrets
____ the rocky

...Something about Golden Gate Park, maybe? What's the highest point in the park?

12:49 PM  
Anonymous Kirin said...

It appears the COUNCIL got to the other part of the message first. Luckily, they've gone and posted in on their blog at http://theprotectioninitiative.wordpress.com/ . Given the contraints of grammar, it seems their part comes thrid, not first. if you put it all together we get:

"Climb to its
highest point above
the dry pond.
golden gate park
holds secrets in
the rocky crown"

10:00 AM  
Blogger MattyMatt said...

The northern park of Golden Gate Park's North Lake, in the Chain of Lakes, has had a lot of maintenance problems -- in recent years, the lake has been draining. The north part is dammed off and dry altogether, in fact. I'm not familiar enough with the area to know what the highest nearby point is, or what "rocky crown" refers to. Could that be the ledge with the giant stone cross? That's not very close to the lakes.

11:44 AM  
Blogger MattyMatt said...

Here's the area as seen by satellite.

11:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Secrets found. More later.

-m

8:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the island in stowe lake is the highest point

8:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kirin- I think we should really stop pointing out anything to do with those "other people" here. They've said it is dangerous for N... look what happened so far.

-C

2:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Informatino here:

http://discoveriesandintrigue.blogspot.com/

5:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will recommend you to all my friends!
penis enlargement pill
best penis enlargement pill
natural penis enlargement pill
penis enlargement pill review
do penis enlargement pill work
enlargement penis pills
buy penis pills
cheap penis enlargement pill
penis enlargement pill
penis enlargement pill product
herbal penis enlargement pill
cheapest penis enlargement pill
penis enlargement pills
buy penis enlargement pill
natural penis enlargement
penis enlargement pills online
natural penis enlargement pill
penis enlargement drug
penis enlargement natural
Good Bye!

12:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home